Monday, January 4, 2010









I was thrilled to photograph local writer Lorraine Jean Hopping, who is an accomplished author and game inventor, and her husband, copy editor Chris Egan. Hopping is well-known for her scientific books for children. My 8-year-old daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed her book, Explore Within An Egyptian Mummy. We tried to absorb every detail in this book filled with interesting facts and also a three-dimensional inner coffin of a mummy. Every turn of a page revealed another layer of the mummification process. Even my five-year-old son was intrigued! We are excited to pick up her latest book, World of Inventors: Leonardo da Vinci, which is a biography that includes a flying toy! 
During my 12 years at The Ann Arbor News, I was lucky enough to work with Egan, who was a copy editor in the sports department. He is currently a freelance writer in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment